An Authentic Online Presence Helps Shape the Discussion of New Mexico Copper Rules
Challenge: While preparing to defend proposed rules from the New Mexico Environment Department that would inevitably shape the future of the state’s copper mining industry, The New Mexico Mining Association engaged The Garrity Group to spearhead a digital and online approach.
Solution: Through www.nmcopperrules.com, designed and developed by The Garrity Group, our team featured authentic faces and stories of the New Mexico mining industry that featured video interviews, framing the conversation to focus on a better managed environment and better economy. Our work included video production, online branding, website development, print and pay-per-click advertising, search engine optimization (SEO) and social media engagement.
- Through brand awareness, 45 percent of visitors accessed www.nmcopperrules.com by typing it directly into a browser and 20 percent of visitors accessed through Google
- 73 percent of www.nmcopperrules.com traffic was made up of new visitors; accomplishing the goal of informing a new audience on the New Mexico mining industry
- On average, website visitors accessed three or more pages, a positive indication of improved education
- Videos produced by The Garrity Group received more than 600 views
- In September 2013, The New Mexico Water Quality Control Commission approved the New Mexico Environment Department proposed final copper rule